Request an Appointment
Let us help you schedule your appointment.
Call 713-441-9229 to speak with our specially trained Coordinator or
request an appointment online.
If you are a physican and would like to refer a patient please call 713-441-9229 or download our Physician Referral Form.
The Methodist Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine
6550 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77030
Maps & Directions
Answers to these questions will help us identify which one of our specialists is best suited to help you.
Colon and Rectal
- Do you have difficulty keeping gas, liquid, or solid stool from leaking out? How often?
- Does anything protrude from your anal opening?
- Do you have difficulty emptying your rectum or feel urgency?
- How often do you use a pad to avoid soiling your underwear?
- Does your inability to hold in gas or stool limit you physically or socially?
- Are you aware of a sensation that your uterus is "falling out" of your vagina, or if you have had a hysterectomy, do you feel as if your vagina is "falling inside out"?
- Do you have difficulty with losing your urine if you cough or sneeze, or when playing sports such as tennis or volleyball?
- Do you ever have to put a finger in or around your vagina and push down toward your rectum to help yourself to have a bowel movement?
- If you are sexually active, is your vagina as tight as you would like for it to be?
- Are your menopausal symptoms (hot flashes, vaginal dryness, sleep disturbances, decrease libido) severe enough for you to consider medical treatment for them?
- Have you previously been treated for a pelvic cancer?
Intimacy and sexuality
- Are you unhappy with your ability to express yourself sexually at this time?
- Is your unhappiness causing you (or your partner) distress?
- Are you interested in talking with a therapist who will be addressing sexual/intimacy issues as well as relationship issues with you (and/or your partner)?
- Are you concerned with or feeling overwhelmed with any emotion at this time in which you would like to speak with our counselor?
- Do you feel you empty your bladder completely?
- Do you lose urine with a strong urge on the way to the bathroom?
- Do you ever have loss of urine you are totally unaware of?
- Do you ever find urine on pads or your clothes and were unaware of leakage?
- Is your bladder controlling your life i.e. is this something you can live with or does this bother you enough that you would want to pursue this?
For more information or to become a patient, please call 713-441-9229 or click here to contact us online.