Since you cannot see a concussion, it is important to know the signs and symptoms. Seek medical care immediately if symptoms worsen or if there are any behavioral changes. A number of patient forms and informational documents concerning concussions are available from Houston Methodist:
- Know the Signs and Symptoms: This worksheet provides a list of symptoms that can occur when you have a concussion.
- FAQ - ImPACT Baseline Testing: Learn more about this web-based computerized test that evaluates your memory, attention and reaction time.
- ImPACT Concussion Test Sample Questions: This provides a sample of the test questions you will be given when taking the ImPACT baseline test.
- Post-Concussion Home Instructions: Learn how to manage your concussion and watch for any warning signs once you return home.
- Gradual Return to Play Protocol: A check-list that follows our return to play protocol is available to ensure that the return to full activity is a gradual progression.
Schedule an Appointment
Our concussion specialists are prepared to work with you to assess your condition and recommend an individualized plan of treatment. Call 713.441.8277 to schedule an appointment.