Diet & Wellness
We also offer a variety of wellness programs to support you throughout the cancer treatment
and recovery process.
Nutrition to Prevent Cancer
If everyone exercised daily, consumed a healthy diet and maintained a healthy weight, about one-third of the most common cancers might be avoided.
A healthy diet is one with a rainbow of colors and may incorporate the following suggestions:
- Lots of fruits and vegetables (five to nine servings) daily, especially leafy green vegetables
- Plant-based and lean proteins such as tofu, nuts, seeds, beans, legumes, chicken breast and fish
- Plant-based fats such as olive oil, peanut oil, canola oil and avocado
- Whole grains such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread and whole-grain pasta
- Limited alcohol intake (two or fewer drinks per day for men, and one or fewer for women)
Click here to learn more about our nutrition and wellness programs that support you throughout your cancer treatment regimen.