Methodist Neurological Institute
- Implantation of neuro-modulation devices
- Implanted drug pumps for chronic pain and movement disorders
- Deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s Disease and tremor
- Deep brain stimulation for chronic, treatment-resistant obsessive compulsive disorder
Dr. Richard Simpson has extensive experience implanting deep brain stimulation devices to treat movement disorders, including Parkinson’s disease and tremors. He also implants vagus nerve stimulation devices for epilepsy and severe depression, and performs stereotactic and functional neurosurgery for movement disorders. Dr. Simpson has performed numerous procedures using spinal cord stimulation for chronic pain, and intrathecal drug delivery systems for pain and spasticity. His current research focuses on Parkinson’s disease and bipolar disorders.
News Releases and Media Links
- Houston Methodist news releases