Specialist in Trauma and Reconstructive Genitourinary Urology
Methodist Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine
Baylor Clinic, Suite 1325
Houston, TX 77030
713-798-4001 – Physician’s main office
713-441-9229 – Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine
Maps & Directions
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Trauma and Reconstructive Urology, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA/li>
Areas of Excellence
- Reconstructive genitourinary surgery
- Urethral reconstruction
- Presidential Award Winner, South Central Section of the American Urological Association (2001)
- Poster of Exceptional Merit, American College of Surgeons Annual Congress, Chicago, IL (2009)
- Expert Panelist, Texas State Medical Board (2010-Present)
- Reviewer for Journal of Urology (2010-Present)
- Member, American Urological Association Trauma Guidelines Committee (2001-Present)
- Smith TG, Wessells HW: Genitourinary and pelvic trauma. In: Surgery: Scientific Principles and Practice, 5th Edition. Mulholland, Lillemoe, Upchurch, Maier, Doherty (eds). In Press.
- Hotaling JM, Sorensen MD, Smith TG 3rd, Rivara FP, Wessells H, Voelzke BB: Analysis of diagnostic angiography and angioembolization in the acute management of renal trauma using a national data set. J Urol, 2011 Feb 18 [Epub ahead of print].
- Smith TG 3rd, Wessells H, Mack CD, Kaufman R, Bulger EM, Voelzke BB: Examination of the impact of airbags on renal injury using a national database. J Am Coll Surg 211:355–360, 2010.
- Smith TG, Gettman MT, Lindberg G, Napper C, Pearle MS, Cadeddu JA: Ureteral replacement using small intestine submucosa in a laparoscopic porcine model. Urology 60:931–934, 2002.
- Corwin TS, Lindberg G, Traxer O, Gettman MT, Smith TG, Pearle MS, Cadeddu JA: Laparoscopic radiofrequency thermal ablation of renal tissue with and without hilar occlusion. J Urol 166:281–284, 2001.
- Traxer O, Smith TG, Pearle MS, Corwin TS, Saboorian H, Cadeddu JA: Renal parenchymal injury after standard and mini percutaneous nephrostolithotomy. J Urol 165:1693–1695, 2001.
- DeWitt DS, Smith TG, Deyo DJ, Miller KR, Uchida T, Prough DS: L-arginine and superoxide dismutase prevent or reverse cerebral hypoperfusion after fluid-percussion traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma 14:223–233, 1997.