For More Information
For more information about bloodless surgery at Houston Methodist, you or your physician can contact:
Coordinator of Blood Conservation & Management Program
Houston Methodist Hospital
Bloodless Medicine Program
Our bloodless medicine and surgery program at Houston Methodist Hospital is a team effort involving highly skilled surgeons, anesthesiologists, hematologists, nurses and other specialists throughout the hospital. Our bloodless surgery program combines advanced medical technology with an experienced team of healthcare professionals focused on meeting the needs of patients who desire the best medical care while avoiding unnecessary exposure to blood transfusions.
Our bloodless medicine program coordinates this multidisciplinary effort, making surgery possible for our patients and ensuring the best possible outcomes.
We offer a dedicated program coordinator who can help:
- Educate you on your bloodless surgery options
- Answer any questions you have
- Make your wishes known, through an advance medical directive and
other consent forms
- Work with you, your family and your physicians
- Guide you every step of the way, through pre-op, surgery and post-op