The physicians at Methodist Department of Surgery specialize in a wide range of procedures, including:
The general surgeons in Methodist Department of Surgery offer the highest quality patient care and advanced minimally invasive surgical procedures.
These procedures include:
- Breast Surgery for benign and malignant disorders
- Colorectal Surgery including surgery for Diverticular Disease, fistuals and colorectal cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery for hernia repair, gallbladder and gallstones
- Endocrine Surgery
- Surgical Endoscopy including upper endoscopies (EGD)
Our experienced team of digestive disease surgeons provide comprehensive care for patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. These include disorders of the:
- Biliary tract
- Large bowel
- Small bowel
- Liver and Pancreatic Resections
We are also highly specialized in advanced minimally invasive surgery and surgical endoscopy. Through the technique of laparoscopic surgery, we offer patients gallbladder and hernia procedures, treatment for gastrointestinal reflux disease, esophageal disorders, weight loss surgery, management of liver and pancreatic tumors, and biliary reconstruction.
Our surgical oncologists are recognized experts in the management of a wide range of tumors. They specialize in:
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Endocrine tumors
- Esophageal cancer
- Hepatobiliary cancer
- Melanoma/Pancreatic cancer
- Upper gastrointestinal malignancies
Our highly skilled surgeons provide the most up-to-date specialized care for patients suffering with cancer. They work closely with other oncology disciplines to develop individualized treatment plans for patients at each stage of their disease. Team members include medical oncologists, pathologists, plastic/reconstructive surgeons, radiation oncologists, and radiologists.