Houston Methodist Hospital is home to a state-of-the-art outpatient imaging department whose experienced technicians utilize both CR (computed radiography) or DR (digital radiography) technology. Most outpatient routine x-rays or imaging takes place in Diagnostic Imaging, including chest, bone and spine x-rays as well as bone density scans, and contrast studies of the kidneys, bladder, esophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon.
The department is equipped with:
- Three Radiographic and Fluoroscopic Rooms (including a GE Precision 500 w/DVD recorder) for:
- GI studies of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon
- GU studies of the urinary tract
- Orthopedic studies of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle
- Six Routine Radiographic rooms (including a dedicated radiographic chest and one specifically for digital imaging)
- Two Bone Density DEXA scanners