Chairman, Department of Urology
The Methodist Hospital
Methodist Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine
6560 Fannin Street
Scurlock Tower, Suite 2100
Houston, TX 77030
713-441-6455 – Physician’s main office
713-441-9229 – Center for Restorative Pelvic Medicine
Maps & Directions
Timothy B. Boone, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman, Department of Urology at The Methodist Hospital, was born in Dallas, Texas. He graduated from Southwestern University, Georgetown, Texas with a B.S. in Biology and earned his Master of Science degree in physiology and his Ph.D. in neuroscience at the University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. He graduated from the University of Texas Medical School at Houston, completed his residency training at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas and joined the faculty at Southwestern in 1991. In 1992, he came to Baylor College of Medicine as an Assistant Professor. He is the Medical Director of the Urodynamic Laboratories at The Methodist Hospital. As a member of The Center for Prostheses Infection, he represents the specialty of urology and he is the staff urologist over the Spinal Cord Injury Unit at the Houston VA Medical Center. In 2000, Dr. Boone was named the Russell and Mary Hugh Scott Chair and Professor of the Scott Department of Urology at Baylor College of Medicine and held the position until July of 2008. He currently holds the title of Clinical Professor with Scott Department of Urology. Dr. Boone was appointed of Chair of Urology in the Methodist department of Urology in July 2008 and is a Professor of Urology at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Boone specializes in treatment of patients with incontinence and bladder problems associated with spinal cord injury and neurologic disease, men with postprostatectomy incontinence, and women with complex voiding dysfunction. He helped established an active Neurourology Research Laboratory focused on the basic mechanisms of bladder dysfunction following neurologic injury to better treat these conditions.
Dr. Boone is a member of the Texas Urological Society, Society for Neuroscience, American Urological Association, Inc., the American Association of Genitourinary Surgeons, Clinical Society of Genitourinary Surgerons and Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology (SUFU). He serves as a consultant reviewer for several scientific journals, including Neurourology and Urodynamics, where he is the clinical neurourology editor, The Journal of Urology, Urology, Spinal Cord, European Urology and The New England Journal of Medicine. Dr. Boone was officially elected as a Trustee to The American Board of Urology at the annual winter meeting in February 2006 and currently serves as Secretary-Treasurer of the Board.
- University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
Areas of Excellence
- Male incontinence
- Artificial urinary sphincters & slings
- Neurogenic bladder problems (MS and Spinal cord injury)
- Bladder diversion and reconstruction
- Incontinence and bladder problems associated with spinal cord injury and neurologic disease
- Male post prostatectomy incontinence
- Female complex voiding dysfunction
- Gomha MA, Boone TB: Voiding patterns in patients with post-prostatectomy incontinence: Urodynamic and demographic analysis. J Urol 169:1766-1769, May 2003.
- Smith CP, Somogyi GT and Boone TB. Botulinum toxin in urology: evaluation using an evidence-based medicine approach. Nat Clinical Practice 1:31-37, Nov. 2004.
- Chancellor MB, Anderson RU, Boone TB. Pharmacotherapy for neurogenic detrusor overactivity. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 85(6):536-45, June 2006.
- Lai HH, Hsu EI, Teh BS, Butler EB, Boone TB. 13 years of experience with artificial urinary sphincter implantation at Baylor College of Medicine. J Urol 177:1021-5, Mar. 2007.
- Lai HH, Hsu EI, Boone TB. Urodynamic testing in evaluation of postradical prostatectomy incontinence before artificial urinary sphincter implantation. Urology. 2009 Jun;73(6):1264-9.