The Specialty of Family Medicine
Family medicine physicians are trained in evaluating and treating a wide variety of common medical problems, not limited by age, sex, or disease. When something is out of the scope of our practice, we utilize the wealth or specialists who we work with to optimize our patients health.
We are a group of 8 doctors. Seven are family physicians and one internal medicine/pediatrics Julie Hung M.D. We have EKG, on site lab, vaccinations, handicap access as well as bariatric sensitivities. We can draw labs from Quest, LabCop, and LabOne.
Our doctors are on call after hours, 7 days a week and on holidays. To have the on–call doctor paged you may call the main number at 281-275-0800. In case of life threatening emergency go to the nearest emergency room. In non–emergent cases, we will be happy to help you after hours, however there is a $25 charge for each non-emergent call that you will be responsible for. We will not bill your insurance company for after-hours charges.
In the event you require hospitalization, we use our hospitalists. Our hospitalist will admit you and care for you in the hospital, and then refer you back to your doctor at discharge from the hospital. This ensures that you have the best of both worlds; an expert in hospital management, and one for clinic and outpatient care.
- Complete Physicals – To include urinalysis, blood testing to include diabetes screening, cholesterol, kidney and liver function, PSA in men, PAP test in women, thyroid (if indicated), breast, prostate and testicular cancer screening, EKG, chest x–ray (if indicated). We also will order a stress-test if indicated. Cancer markers are ordered as needed.
- Management of Acute and Chronic Illnesses
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Thyroid problems
- Bowel and intestinal problems, including acid reflux disease
- Rash and skin problems, including acne, rosacea, abscesses, eczema
- Back, chest, and abdominal pain
- Allergy and Asthma
- Sick visits
- Children´s Health
- Full infant care including immunizations
- Developmental screening
- School, sport, and camp physicals
- Adolescent medicine
- Hearing screening, and vision screenings.
- Well–women exams including Pap smears
- Refer for mammograms and bone density testing
- Sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment
- Hormone therapy and menopausal management
- Management of osteoporosis
- Management of Premenstrual Tension
- Prostate cancer screening (PSA)
- Testicular cancer screening
- Erectile dysfunction
- Skin cancer screening
- Most travel immunizations
- Flu shots/ H1N1 Shots
- TB skin tests
- Smoking cessation
- Weight loss management
- Removal of skin lesions including skin tags, warts, moles, and cysts
- Repair of lacerations
- Drainage of abscesses
- Management of depression
- Management of anxiety
- Diagnosis and management of Attention Deficit Disorders in children and adults