For More Information
In some cases, treatment for the conditions listed will require facial plastic or reconstructive surgery. Learn more about our plastic and reconstructive surgical services.
Methodist Hospital Department of Otolaryngology provides complete head and neck care. We treat diseases of the ear, larynx, head and neck, respiratory tract, upper alimentary system and related structures, trachea, and endocrine glands.
Our department brings together some of the finest physicians in the field, providing a full spectrum of head and neck services that Houston Methodist was among the country’s top hospitals in 12 specialties in U.S. News & World Report 2013 America "Best Hospitals" issue, and again was named the No. 1 hospital in Texas. Houston Methodist is also home to the Center for Performing Arts Medicine, caring for professional performing artists including the Houston Grand Opera. Our physicians treat more voice disorders than any other hospital in Texas.
We offer a comprehensive scope of surgical and non-surgical services to patients, including the management of:
- Congenital Anomalies – abnormalities acquired before birth, such as cleft palate
- Degenerative and Idiopathic Diseases – conditions resulting from age or overuse (degenerative) or for which no specific cause can be found (idiopathic)
- Head and Neck Cancer – cancers including throat, base of tongue, and other head and neck structures. Houston Methodist is a leader in minimally invasive skull base and brain surgery.
- Hearing Disorders - Houston Methodist physicians and researchers have expertise in hearing disorders caused by otosclerosis. Other types of hearing disorders include congenital deafness, chronic middle ear disease, Meniere's disease, and presbycusis.
- Infectious and Inflammatory Diseases – includes diseases of the respiratory tract, bones and other structures
- Maxillofacial Disorders – injuries and conditions of the face, jaw, teeth, mouth and neck
- Special Sensory and Motor Disturbances – conditions that include balance disorders and smell and taste disorders
- Throat Disorders – includes thyroid disease, swallowing disorders, snoring disorders, reflux and sleep disorders
- Vocal Injury and Disorders – injuries and diseases of the throat and larynx that affect vocal ability
For more information on Houston Methodist’s otolaryngology (head and neck) services or to make an appointment, please contact our Physician Referral and Health Information Line at 713-790-3333.