Conditions We Treat
Psychiatry Services at Houston Methodist Hospital offers individualized inpatient and outpatient care for a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Depression and Mood Disorders - Conditions such as major depression, manic depression (bipolar disorder), and seasonal affective disorder.
- Anxiety Disorders - Anxiety-related conditions including generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, obsessive/compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and phobias.
- Life Crises - Situations which may cause extreme emotional disturbance, such as abuse, loss and grief.
- Schizophrenia and Dissociative Disorders - Illnesses resulting in a disconnection with reality.
- Substance Abuse - Alcoholism and/or drug abuse, with or without coexisting psychiatric conditions.
- Disorders Related to Physical Conditions - Mental issues brought on or exacerbated by brain injury, neurosurgery, cancer, chronic pain conditions and other physical illnesses.
- Eating Disorders - Anorexia, bulimia, binge eating and other disorders.
- Personality Disorders - Psychological illnesses which interfere with a person's ability to function productively in work, relationships and social situations. These conditions include borderline, antisocial and narcissistic personality disorders.
- Geriatric Conditions - Alzheimer's disease, memory problems, depression and other conditions directly related to advancing age.