Houston Methodist Hospital participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- All PGY1 positions are offered through the NRMP.
- Applications must be processed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). (Paper applications are not accepted).
- Information on ERAS can be found on the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) website (www.aamc.org).
- "Pre-Match" positions are not offered.
- All applications are carefully reviewed. Selected applicants are notified electronically to interview through ERAS.
- Please limit inquiries into application status.
Beginning January 1, 2013 Houston Methodist no longer will hire employees who use tobacco products. Our new tobacco-free hiring policy supports our mission to improve the health of our patients, our employees and the community around us. As a health care provider, we believe we should promote a healthy environment for our own employees and the communities where we work and live.
Interview Season: All interviews are conducted in December.
Application Deadline: November 1st.
TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION (REQUIREMENTS):
- Must complete a common ERAS Application Form.
- Deans letter and at least two (2) other letters of recommendation; preferably, one of the letters should be from the Chairman of the Department of Medicine. All letters of recommendation should be current or within the last 2 years.
- Official medical school transcript.
- Personal statement.
- Must have passed all USMLE's on first attempt. A minimum score of 210 is required.
- Graduation from medical school within the last year.