Arthur W. Zieske, M.D.
Associate Medical Director, Hematopathology
Associate Director, Resident Training, Clinical Pathology
Department of Pathology and Genomic Medicine
The Methodist Hospital Physician Organization
6565 Fannin Street, Suite M227
Houston, Texas 77030
Dr. Zieske received his M.D. degree in 1993 from the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSU-HSC) in New Orleans, LA. He remained there for his residency in anatomic and clinical pathology, and then completed a fellowship in hematopathology at the Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, CT. Dr. Zieske received his first faculty appointment in 1998 as an instructor in the Department of Pathology at LSU-HSC. He became an associate professor there in 2008. Teaching is a key interest of Dr.Zieske’s; he has received numerous awards throughout his training and professional career, including three Outstanding Professor Awards and two Teaching Excellence Awards at LSU-HSC. Dr. Zieske joined The Methodist Hospital Physician Organization in 2011.
Dr. Zieske is a general surgical pathologist with subspecialty certification in hematopathology. His research interests focus on investigations of the pathological and biological determinants of atherosclerosis.
Representative Recent Publications
Crombet O, Lastrapes K, Zieske A, Morales-Arias J. Complete morphologic and molecular remission after introduction of dasatinib in the treatment of a pediatric patient with t-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia and ABL1 amplification. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012 Aug;59(2):333-4.
Kibe R, Zhang S, Guo D, Marrero L, Tsien F, Rodriguez P, Khan S, Zieske A, Huang J, Li W, Durum SK, Iwakuma T, Cui Y. IL-7Ra deficiency in p53null mice exacerbates thymocyte telomere erosion and lymphomagenesis. Cell Death Differ. 2012 Jul;19(7):1139-51.
Thayalakulasingham T, Guillory S, Narula T, deBoisblanc B, Zieske AW, Smith D, Engel LS, Sanders CV, Lopez FA. Christmas treat to chronic cough. J La State Med Soc. 2011 Nov-Dec;163(6):349-51.
Thayalakulasingam T, Mohammed R, Varughese S, Zieske A, Smith DL, Engel LS, Boulmay B, Lopez FA. Clinical case of the month. A rare case of Budd Chiari syndrome. J La State Med Soc. 2011 Sep-Oct;163(5):291-4.
Hanby DF, Gremillion G, Zieske AW, Loehn B, Whitworth R, Wolf T, Kakade AC, Walvekar RR. Harmonic scalpel versus flexible CO2 laser for tongue resection: A histopathological analysis of thermal damage in human cadavers. World J Surg Oncol. 2011 Aug 1;9:83.
Homma S, Troxclair DA, Zieske AW, Malcom GT, Strong JP; for the Pathobiological Determinants of Atherosclerosis in Youth (PDAY) Research Group. Histological changes and risk factor associations in type 2 atherosclerotic lesions (fatty streaks) in young adults. Atherosclerosis. 2011 Nov;219(1):184-90.
Zhang S, Zheng M, Kibe R, Huang Y, Marrero L, Warren S, Zieske AW, Iwakuma T, Kolls JK, Cui Y. Trp53 negatively regulates autoimmunity via the STAT3-Th17 axis. FASEB J. 2011 Jul;25(7):2387-98.
- Shiller SM, Zieske A, Holmes H 3rd, Feldman AL, Law ME, Saad R. CD5-positive, cyclinD1-negative mantle cell lymphoma with a translocation involving the CCND2 gene and the IGL locus. Cancer Genet. 2011 Mar;204(3):162-4.
- Rau JC, Deans C, Hoffman MR, Thomas DB, Malcom GT, Zieske AW, Strong JP, Koch GG, Church FC. Heparin cofactor II in atherosclerotic lesions from the Pathobiological Determinants of Atherosclerosis in Youth (PDAY) study. Exp Mol Pathol. 2009 Dec;87(3):178-83.
- Homma S, Sloop GD, Zieske AW. The effect of age and other atherosclerotic risk factors on carotid artery blood velocity in individuals ranging from young adults to centenarians. Angiology. 2009 Oct-Nov;60(5):637-43.
- Ma Y, Zieske AW, Fenves AZ. Bilateral infiltrating renal inflammatory pseudotumor responsive to corticosteroid therapy. Am J Kidney Dis. 2008 Jan;51(1):116-20.
- Homma S, Troxclair DA, Zieske AW, Malcom GT, Strong JP; Pathobiological Determinants of Atherosclerosis in Youth (PDAY) Research Group. Histological topographical comparisons of atherosclerosis progression in juveniles and young adults. Atherosclerosis. 2008 Apr;197(2):791-8.