After you return home, it’s important to be watchful for any sign of complications or infection. If you experience any of the following, call your Post-Transplant Coordinator immediately:
- Any sign of infection
- Temperature over 101°F
- Redness, swelling, or drainage around your incision
- Nausea or vomiting
- Changes in blood pressure
- Persistent coughing
- Easy bruising
- Any new medication prescribed by another physician
- Missed doses of medication
- Any hospitalization outside of your transplant center
- Any care from another physician
If you need to report illness, please have the following information available:
- Blood sugar, if applicable
- Blood pressure and pulse
- List of current medications
- Name and phone number of pharmacy
If you can’t reach your coordinator, call the Center at 713-441-5451 (toll-free 866 94-LIVER).
If you have an emergency outside of regular business hours, call one of the numbers above and ask the answering service to connect you to the Transplant Coordinator on call. Please note that the coordinator on call is available for emergencies only; for non-emergency calls, please contact us during regular business hours, M–F, 8 am–5 pm.
To find out more about the Methodist Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation, call us at 713-441-8839 or 866-94-LIVER (866-945-4837) or send us an email.