Core Rotations: Coronary Care Unit, Medical ICU, Cardiovascular Surgery ICU, General Surgery ICU, Neurosurgery ICU and Research/Management.
- 2 elective rotations may be selected from, but are not limited to, the following: Neonatal ICU, Shock and Trauma ICU, Burn Unit, Emergency Department, Endocrinology, Renal Diseases and Academia. Residents may also repeat any rotations in which they have a particular interest.
Formal case, guideline, disease state overview or journal club presentation to the ICU clinical pharmacy staff.
- Participate in recruitment for next year's pharmacy practice residents.
- Present at the following hospital committee meetings: Medication Usage and Formulary Evaluation, Medication Outcomes Management, and Pharmacy and Therapeutics
- Develop or revise an ICU-related Policy and Procedure
- PGY2 residents provide ICU clinical coverage every third weekend with additional responsibilities as part of clinical specialist on-call program beginning in November.
- Residents must work two holidays.
- Each resident is expected to plan, design, and complete a major research project with the guidance of a preceptor. Results are presented at the Alcalde Southwest Leadership Conference and/or the Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference.
- Each resident is required to complete one continuous quality improvement evaluation on an existing clinical pharmacy program.
ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Society of Critical Care Medicine Meeting, and Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference