The agenda for the 2011 symposium is available online. The first day featured presentations by leaders in translational medicine including:
- David Ginsburg, M.D., University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
- Helen H. Hobbs, M.D., University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Leroy Hood, M.D., Ph.D., Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, WA
- Michael B. Kastan, M.D., Ph.D., St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Stanley B. Prusiner, M.D., University of California, San Francisco, CA
- David H. Sachs, M.D., Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard, Boston, MA
- Bruce M. Spiegelman, Ph.D., Dana-Farber Cancer Institute/Harvard, Boston, MA
Friday Feb. 18, the symposium featured presentations by leading investigators at the Research Institute, highlighting advances in translational medicine and therapeutics.
For more information on the Research Institute, visit www.methodistresearch.com.
Houston Methodist Research Institute Annual Symposium
The mission of the Research Institute is to conduct research that combines engineering, computational, chemical and biomedical approaches to inspire innovative ideas for improving healthcare.
The 2011 Research Institute inaugural symposium showcased translational and clinical advances in medicine. Please join us next year to celebrate current breakthroughs in medicine and discuss the future challenges for translational research.