Your nursing organization is ready to take you to the next level through Shared Governance
*Tax information: Orders within Texas include applicible 8.25% sales tax for products as well as shipping and handling.
Four ways to place your order:
But how will you get there?
Transformation to a Shared Governance culture can be a monumental undertaking for any nursing organization. Few resources are available to hospitals seeking to implement shared governance; however, Houston Methodist Hospital in the Texas Medical Center has just made it easier. Houston Methodist Hospital is an expert on Shared Governance with nearly 10 years experience in the implementation and evolution of a model that works in practice. Houston Methodist has cultivated a unique approach to fill this need by developing a one-of-a-kind manual that provides the tools to build, implement and sustain a Shared Governance culture. For easy reference, the manual is organized into the phases of change pre-implementation, implementation and post-implementation.
Why Implement Shared Governance?
Shared governance is an organizational innovation that gives healthcare professionals control over their practice and extends their influence into administrative areas previously controlled only by managers. It is an evolutionary model that supports the strategic goals of nursing, and shared governance must be in place before your hospital can attain Magnet status.
Achieving Shared Governance Step-By-Step
Working off of their own "lived experiences", Houston Methodist nurse leaders have developed a practical, step-by-step manual that walks you through and provides the tools at each step of implementation. The manual includes a CD-ROM containing 65 sample documents and templates that can be copied and formatted to reflect a hospital's identity, saving time and making the integration of key Shared Governance concepts easy.
This Shared Governance blueprint will show your organization how to:
- Apply change management theories at each phase of implementation
- Establish a Shared Governance structure that supports nursing's strategic priorities
- Design a Shared Governance model including the structure, bylaws, membership, communication vehicles, meeting facilitation and many other key processes
- Avoid the common pitfalls of implementing a Shared Governance culture
- Prepare Shared Governance leaders for their new role
- Educate and engage staff to embrace Shared Governance
- Quantify the benefits of Shared Governance