The Primary Care Clinic (PCC) is a resident run continuity clinic where residents and interns see their own panel of patients during a weekly half-day clinic session. Each clinic session (firm) has a total of 3-4 residents including 1-2 interns and an attending physician:
- Each resident's patient panel includes established patients, new patients, post-hospital discharge visits, pre-operative consultations and sick visits.
- Residents will become experienced in managing a broad spectrum of outpatient conditions seen frequently in primary care.
- The PCC is adjacent to the faculty practice and provides easy access for patients requiring subspecialty consultations.
- The Electronic Health Record (EHR), NextGen, provides an opportunity to improve patient care using the latest technology.
- Residents are supervised by a group of primary care attendings allowing for the development of a long-term mentoring relationship.
- Patients are seen in a newly renovated, on-site facility with accommodations for an optimal educational experience.
- Online modules enhance the educational experience in ambulatory medicine and primary care.