The comprehensive plastic and reconstructive surgery services at Houston Methodist West Hospital include the latest surgical solutions for restoring form and function lost to trauma, tumor, disease and congenital differences.
Plastic and reconstructive surgeons at Houston Methodist West work closely with other surgeons to plan and perform procedures jointly. This collaboration between surgeons reduces the need for additional procedures, improves patient safety and produces better overall outcomes.
Reconstructive surgery is often performed at the same time as other surgical procedures for correcting serious wounds and injuries, and for reconstructing areas impacted by cancer surgeries such as mastectomy. Reconstructive procedures include:
Houston Methodist West Hospital offers newest surgical and non-invasive techniques within a state-of-the-art facility. Our highly skilled surgeons provide a tailored experience for each patient to address a wide range of medical needs. Cosmetic procedures include:
- Body contour surgery –– liposuction, surgery after massive weight loss, body sculpting, tummy tuck, body lift, arm lift, thigh lift, breast lift, upper body lift
- Breast Rejuvenation –
- Breast lift-The effects of breast-feeding and gravity can have deleterious effects on breast position. The tissue becomes “deflated” and the nipple and breast mound descends on the chest wall. Skin tightening procedures lift the breast mound as well as the nipple and areola. Occasionally patients request a larger breast size, especially after the deflating effects of breast-feeding. For many women, the lift and augmentation can be performed in a single procedure.
- Breast augmentation-One of the most common procedures performed by plastic surgeons, breast augmentationis an out patient procedure that can increase the size of your breast as well as provide some degree of lift to the nipple. The newest silicone and saline implants offer a wide array of options for patients.
- Breast reduction-Excessively large breasts frequently cause back and neck pain as well as grooves or irritation on the shoulders from bra straps. Sleep and participation in other activities may also be affected. A mammoplasty commonly known as breast reduction is an out patient surgery which can relieve women of pain and social embarrassment and provide a renewed ability to exercise.
- Male breast reduction-Many men and boys suffer from excessive tissue of the breast, which can cause significant social embarrassment. Houston Methodist West Hospital offers patients the most advanced surgical options such as excisional lifts as well as ultrasonic liposuction to give you the best result possible, our patients received.
- Facial Rejuvenation – facelift, necklift, browlift, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery
- Skin care and injectables (performed by a plastic surgeon)
- Botox® and Dysport® – For correction of facial lines and contours.
- Juvederm ® Radiesse ® Restylane ® – For correction of facial lines and contours.
- Laser Treatments – We offer the newest techniques for laser hair reduction, removal of “spider” veins as well as facial rejuvenation using the laser.
- Chemical Peels – Designed to improve the health and appearance of your skin we offer different types of chemical peels to remove aged skin cells and tighten the surface layers of your skin. Dead skin cells are replaced by healthier ones, allowing the skin’s clarity and tightness to resurface.
Click here to see additional plastic and reconstructive surgery services or visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.