President and CEO
Houston Methodist Research Institute
Main areas of research
- Nanomedicine for oncology, traumatic injury, cardiovascular disease, infectious pathologies and diabetes.
- Biomedical Microtechnology (BioMEMS)
- Drug delivery
- Proteomics and peptidomics for early detection and therapeutic monitoring
- Cell transplantation, regenerative medicine and tissue engineering
- Biosensors and bioseparation technology
- Multiscale discrete/continuum mechanics and biomechanics
Dr. Mauro Ferrari is a founder of biomedical nano/micro-technology, especially in their applications to drug delivery, cell transplantation, implantable bioreactors, and other innovative therapeutic modalities. In these fields, he has published more than 200 peer-reviewed journal articles and six books. He is the inventor of more than 30 issued patents, with about thirty more pending in the US and internationally.
News Releases and Media Links
- Houston Chronicle
- Houston Business Journal
- Houston Methodist news releases