At the Methodist J.C. Walter Jr. Transplant Center, every organ transplant story is a unique story of hope that can bring reassurance to thousands of others.
A Living Gift: Kidney Transplant Stories
- Dawn Dupree traveled all the way from England to have her kidney transplant at Houston Methodist.
- Marcy Shipp saved three lives by donating a kidney through the Houston Methodist donor swap program.
- Candace Wathan, who had suffered from diabetes since childhood, got a new lease on life through a kidney-pancreas transplant.
- Kenneth King received the most loving and life-changing gift a spouse could give: a new kidney from his wife, Angie.
A Brand New Beat: Heart Transplant Stories
- Rochelle Johnson’s quest for a healthy heart led to Houston Methodist; now she enjoys every minute of her busy life with three kids.
- Brian Gilliam’s new heart got him back on the golf course and back into life with his family.
Giving the Breath of Life: Lung Transplant Stories
- Phil Langford was completely dependent on an oxygen machine until a lung transplant at Houston Methodist set him free.
- Jose Erasmo Lopez nearly lost his life to pulmonary fibrosis, until a loving donor family gave him a second chance.
- Sharon Harbers was just 36 years old when a double lung transplant gave her a new lease on life.
A Double Blessing: Heart-Lung Transplant Stories
- Mandi Lusby wasn’t content with just recovering from her heart/double-lung transplant—she went on to win six medals at the Transplant Games.
A Bridge to Transplant: Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs)
- Cloyd Powell received an LVAD device that helped this retired soldier bridge the gap until a donor heart became available.
New Hope for Diabetics: Islet Transplant Stories
- Susan Bienduga suffered from chronic pancreatitis for over 10 years; now an islet transplant lets her lead a pain-free life.
If you have any questions about organ transplants at the Methodist J.C. Walter Jr. Transplant Center, call us at 713-441-5451.