Tracie J. Koen, MD
Staff Pathologist, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Department of Pathology and Genomic Medicine
The Methodist Hospital Physician Organization
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University
18220 State Highway 249, Suite WB100
Houston, Texas 77070
Dr. Koen received her MD degree from The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas in 2004. After completing a combined clinical and anatomic pathology residency program at the Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas and Houston Methodist Hospital in Houston, she remained at Houston Methodist to complete subspecialty training in cytopathology and surgical pathology.
Dr. Koen is a general surgical pathologist with subspecialty certification in cytopathology. Her research interests focus on primary tissue of origin microarray studies of cytology body fluids.
Representative Recent Publications
- Stancel GA, Coffey D, Alvarez K, Halks-Miller M, Lal A, Mody D, Koen T, Fairley T, Monzon FA. Identification of tissue of origin in body fluid specimens using a gene expression microarray assay. Cancer Cytopathol. 2012 Feb 25;120(1):62-70.
- Koen TM, Mody DR, Scheiber-Pacht M, Fairley T, Thrall MJ. Limiting the use of atypical/inconclusive as a category in nongynecologic cytology specimens. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2010 Jul;134(7):1016-9.
- Monzon FA, Koen TJ. Diagnosis of metastatic neoplasms: molecular approaches for identification of tissue of origin. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2010 Feb;134(2):216-24. Review.
- Jolley TM, Guileyardo JM. Iatrogenic endocardial injury associated with preexisting atrial abnormalities. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2009 Dec;30(4):376-9.
- Rassadi R, Jolley TM, Saad AJ, Jeyarajah DR, Tarnasky PR. A rare form of annular pancreas: annular duct originating from the duct of Santorini. Gastrointest Endosc. 2008 Mar;67(3):544-5.
- Mineo M, Jolley T, Rodriguez G. Leech therapy in penile replantation: a case of recurrent penile self-amputation. Urology. 2004 May;63(5):981-3. Review.