J. Bob Blacklock, M.D.
Methodist Neurological Institute
Department of Neurosurgery
Associate Professor of Clinical Neurological Surgery
Weill Medical College of Cornell University
6560 Fannin St. Suite 944
Houston, TX 77030
Physician’s Office: 713-441-3800
Dr. J. Bob Blacklock has experience in spinal reconstruction, instrumentation and fusion, utilizing microsurgical minimally invasive techniques and image-guided spinal surgery. He also performs skull base surgery for orbital and sinus tumors, brain and spinal tumor surgery. He has substantial experience in spinal reconstruction revision surgery.
Dr. Blacklock is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, has been a guest examiner for the American Board of Neurological Surgery, and has published in numerous scientific journals and book chapters as well as neurosurgical book reviews.
- Spine reconstruction and reconstruction revision
- Microsurgery and minimally invasive spine surgery
- Artificial disc implantation
- Spinal tumors
- Surgery of the skull base
- Brain tumors
- Clinical Outcome Analysis
Education and Training:
- B.S., University of Alabama
- M.D., University of Mississippi College of Medicine
- Surgery internship, University of California, San Diego
- Residency in Neurosurgery, University of Minnesota
- Guest Researcher and Senior Staff Fellow, Surgical Neurology Branch, NINDS