How to Apply
Our program accepts applications through the Electronic Application Residency Service (ERAS), available through your medical school. Please contact your medical school or the Association of American Medical Colleges at 202-828-0400 for additional information. We do not review paper applications.
There are two Houston Methodist Family Medicine Programs, this one is located in Baytown, and our NRMP number code is 1167120C1.
For further information you can contact our Program Coordinator at 800-816-8197 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for an interview, applicants to our program should:
- Submit a completed application through the ERAS system
- Be eligible for subsequent licensure in the state of Texas
- Apply within 5 years of medical school graduation or last clinical practice. Will consider Medical Assistant if at least 1 year US clinical medicine practice
- If international graduate, have at least 1 year of U.S. clinical experience.
- If international graduate, US citizen or Permanent resident only. No Visas accepted.
- Should NOT have failed any USMLE test more than once. Prefer scores of at least 80 on tests passed.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of medicine or osteopathic school. School must be on the Texas State Board of Medical Examiner´s list of approved schools.