Family Medicine Residency Program
Learn more about the Denver Harbor Clinic, home of Houston Methodist Hospital's Family Medicine Residency Program, including a detailed description of the residency program.Learn More
We are a community-based family medicine residency steeped in the tradition of caring for the family, including all ages, ethnicities, and walks of life. Along with a dedication to the patients there exists a mutual respect for the residents and staff. There is a history of strong partnership between the residents and faculty allowing the residents to direct their education in the best possible manner in preparation for their professional goals while maintaining their quality of life.
Houston Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program provides a well-rounded experience for its residents, with excellent training in inpatient care (including ICU management) OB and continuity clinic experience. Inpatient pediatric rotations are done at Texas Children's Hospital, one of the foremost children's hospitals in the country.
To further the depth of education for its residents, Houston Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program boasts a strong didactic curriculum. Lectures include morning report, Wednesday and Friday didactic lectures, board review, and monthly journal clubs, which are led by faculty, visiting lecturers, and residents. These lectures have not only improved Houston Methodist Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program residents' performances on the national boards but have also allowed residents to develop their confidence in leading medical discussions.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- be ECFMG certified at the time the application is submitted to ERAS
- have worked in some primary care field within the last five years
- have graduated within the last five (5) years unless s/he has been a licensed, practicing physician in the United States
- not have failed any individual step more than once
- have at least six (6) months of hands-on US clincal primary care experience within the last two (2) years
- have three (3) letters of recommendation
- submit application prior to the November 30th deadline
- is 4-4-4
- has four (4) available PGY-1 positions
- will only accept applications through ERAS
- will review all applications with the recruitment committee
- does accept FMGs/IMGs
- does not support J-1 or H-1B visas
- follows the guidelines of the State of Texas: applicant must be able to pass all three steps within seven (7) years
- does not offer externships, observerships or research opportunities
- has no minimum score requirement
- will offer no positions outside of the match