4401 Garth Road
Independence Plaza II Suite 212
Houston, TX 77521
Education - Jacobo Nurko, M.D.
- Anahuac University School of Medicine, Mexico City, Mexico
- University of Arkansas For Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Areas of Excellence
- Vascular and Endovascular Aneurysm Surgery
- Carotid Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Visceral Revascularization
- Limb Salvage Revascularization
- Hemodialysis Access Surgery
- Varicose Vein and Venous Insufficiency Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Biography - Jacobo Nurko, M.D.
Dr Jacobo Nurko is Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Vascular Surgery at The Methodist Hospital and San Jacinto Methodist Hospital. Dr Nurko received his MD at Anahuac University, School of Medicine in Mexico City in 2001. After completing his General Surgery residency at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences he did a vascular and endovascular fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. One of the premier vascular programs in the country.
After finishing training, Dr Nurko was recently recruited to join the faculty here at the Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center. His primary clinical interests include carotid, aortic, visceral and peripheral arterial disease as well as dialysis access, deep vein thrombosis and venous insufficiency related problems. His research interests involved medical device development. In his free time, Dr Nurko enjoys very much spending time with his wife and three children, ages 6,4 and 1 as well as playing soccer.