Sports injuries are specific types of injuries sustained during sports or other exercise, usually affecting the musculoskeletal system or the muscles, bones and cartilage. Proper training, protective equipment and other precautions can often prevent sports injuries.
Still, even the most careful athletes can suffer an unexpected injury, especially those who play contact and team sports. Learn more about some of the most common sports injuries.
Hand and Wrist Injuries
Hand and Wrist Surgery
Learn about types of hand and wrist surgery and treatment.
- Skier's Thumb (ulnar collateral ligament tear)
- Scaphoid Fracture
- Baseball Finger (Mallet Finger)
- Carpal Avascular Necrosis
- Flexor/Extensor Tendon Injuries
- Proximal Interphalangeal (PIP) Joint Injury
Learn about types of elbow surgery and treatment.
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Elbow Fractures
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Injury - Elbow
- Ulnar Neuritis (Cubital Tunnel Syndrome)
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)
- Radial Tunnel Syndrome
Learn about types of shoulder surgery and treatment.
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Clavicular (Collarbone) Fracture
- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Labral Tears
- Brachial Plexus Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Impingement (Bursitis and Tendonitis)
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Separation (AC Joint Sprain)
Learn about types of knee surgery and treatment.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Injury
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Injury
- Cartilage Injuries
- Kneecap Pain (Patellar Chondromalacia)
- Kneecap (Patella) Dislocation
- Meniscal Tears
- IT Tendonitis (Runner’s Knee)
- Patellar Tendonitis (Jumper’s Knee)
- Tendon Ruptures (Patellar/Quadriceps)
Foot and Ankle Injuries
Foot and Ankle Surgery
Learn about types of foot and ankle surgery and treatment.
Learn about types of hip surgery and treatment.
- Bursitis – Hip
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Impingement (FAI)
- Hip Labral Tears
- Snapping Hip Syndrome
- Sports Hernia