Houston Methodist San Jacinto Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Cardiac Rehab is a program designed to benefit people with heart disease through supervised exercise and education. The Cardiac Rehab Program at Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital offers two phases of Cardiac Rehab:
- Phase II – 36 sessions (or 12 weeks) monitored by EKG during exercise. Phase II is covered by most major medical insurances and Medicare for those who meet the requirements listed below.
- Phase III – Self-pay, non-monitored program for an unlimited amount of sessions. There is a monthly fee comparable to a gym membership for Phase III.
Who is eligible for Cardiac Rehab?
The Cardiac Rehab program provides supervised exercise and education for any client who has had the following:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (within 6 months)
- Heart Attack (within 12 months)
- Angioplasty or Stent (within 6 months)
- Stable Angina (positive stress test within 6 months)
- Valve Repair or Replacement (within 6 months)
- Heart or combined Heart-Lung Transplant (within 12 months)
Where is Cardiac Rehab?
We are located on the 1st floor just inside the Garth Campus main entrance.
Classes: Various class times on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
How to get started?
Ask your doctor for a referral or call 281-420-8878.
Please feel free to drop in anytime to view our facilities.