5th ANNUAL MULTI-MODALITY CARDIOVASCULAR IMAGING FOR THE CLINICIAN
September 5-7, 2014
Houston Methodist Hospital Research Institute
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Cardiovascular imaging plays a vital role in the management of the cardiovascular patient. Knowledge of various imaging modalities is critical to understanding their advantages, limitations and appropriate utilization in patients with ischemic heart disease, heart failure, atrial fibrillation, cardiomyopathy, masses, valvular disease, and aortic disease. This symposium offers the opportunity, in addition to didactic lectures by world experts, to have small group tutorials in each imaging modality, and hands-on experience with heart specimens to better visualize and understand cardiac and valvular structure and enhance correlations with cardiac imaging.
This conference is designed for:
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- List new developments in multi-modality imaging
- Compare the different types of imaging for the assessment of ischemia to determine which is the most beneficial for the specified clinical question
- Describe valve and heart morphology, techniques of valvular interventions from manipulation of the hands-on heart specimens
- Describe the timing and interventions in common valvular disorders
- Discuss how imaging can be utilized to differentiate cardiomyopathies and masses
- Explain the role of imaging in vascular disease and diseases of the aorta
Didactic lectures, hands-on heart specimens, case studies, small group tutorials with imaging stations, panel discussions, audience response system
Didactic Lectures, Case Presentations, Panel Discussions, Audience Response System