What are the benefits of Weight Loss Surgery?
Hundreds of medical studies show that a new healthier life is waiting for the
vast majority of people who decide to have bariatric or weight loss surgery.
The impact of restoring the body to a normal weight has lifelong health benefits.
Reducing obese body weight can:
- Lower the risk of heart disease by 47 percent for women and 67 percent for men.
- Lower the risk of colon, breast, endometrial, kidney and esophageal cancer by 25 to 30 percent (when combined with physical activity).
- Lower the risk of diabetes by up to 80 percent.
- Increase the ability to become pregnant by 43 percent.
- Lower the risk of developing osteoarthritis, which could lead to joint replacements. Every two–pound loss decreases risks nine to 13 percent.
- Lower risk of sleep apnea.
- Lower risk of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- Lower risk of depression.
- Reduce the amount of money spent on medications by 77 percent, as well as the potentially harmful side-effects associated with some medications.
- Reduce the need for health care services by 36 percent.