Becoming a Father Program
If you’re an expectant father you are invited to participate in this program, which includes a research study about new fathers. The 2.5-hour session is specifically designed to address the needs of fathers as they transition into parenthood. The topics we will discuss include:
- The unique role you play in the development of your child
- Fatherhood: expectations and realities
- Changes in lifestyle and relationships: intimacy, support and role renegotiation
- Preparing for the baby’s arrival: she’s having the baby; What can you do?
- Getting connected: dad and baby time
- Amazing talents of the newborn
- Identifying needs and caring for the new mom and the newborn
The research study involves completing a set of questionnaires prior to the class and after the baby is born. It will also include a follow–up visit on the postpartum unit to answer any questions you have about your role as a dad.
Length of class: 2.5 hours (6:30 – 9:00pm)
Fee: No charge
Who should attend: New fathers who are expecting their first child or already have children are encouraged to attend
Location:Houston Methodist Hospital - Dunn Building, 6565 Fannin St., Houston, TX 77030 (Call for room location)
When to register: Anytime during pregnancy
For more information or to register online for this class, please call 713-790-3333.