Thank you for your interest in our Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship training program. Our Program is registered with Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS); Program ID 1414813292 (July Application Cycle). Our program participants in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
Eligibility criteria for application to the Cardiovascular Fellowship Training Program include the following:
- To be eligible for selection, applicants must apply via the Electronic Residency Applicant Service and must enroll in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
- Be of good professional character with at least three letters of recommendation attesting to your academic and personal qualifications.
- Graduate of a US or Canadian Medical School accredited by the Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME), or a medical school outside the US and Canada with a current valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Graduate of an ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine residency 3-year training program, and
- Board eligible in Internal Medicine by time of fellowship appointment.
- Our program sponsors J-1 visa, only. If you are a J1 visa holder, you must be eligible for 3 years of training at the beginning of the fellowship.
- All applicants must have taken and passed USMLE Part 1 and 2 (on first attempt); we prefer Part 3 at time of interview, but not required.
- The selection process stringently evaluates performance on the USMLE, grades in preclinical or clinical courses, letters of recommendation, communication skills and personal qualities.
- The Department does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Interviewing is conducted during the months of September and October.
We look forward to receiving your applications.
Craig M. Pratt, M.D.