How To Apply
Applications should include an article and supporting evidence of a career dedicated to excellence in scientific writing in medicine. In addition, applicants should submit:
- Biographical sketch of no more than 350 words
- One or up to three written non-technical pieces based on technical works
Submitted pieces should be non-technical communications of complicated scientific biomedical or medical information, written to educate broad audiences. Submissions may include newspaper articles, news releases, magazine articles, newsletter articles, online articles or other works. Books, technical works, speeches, and visual communications are not eligible.
Entries will be judged on the basis of:
- Ingenuity of storytelling
- Ability to engage a broad audience
- Accuracy & clarity of science
- Depth of understanding
- Impact or potential impact of the science and the written work
The applicant’s dedication to advancing science and medicine through scientific writing will also be taken into consideration.
Deadline to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for 2016. We will begin accepting applications again in 2017.
July 1, 2016