Core rotations include cardiology, critical care, drug information/formulary management, infectious diseases, internal medicine, research and management, continuity of care, and community hospital clinical service.
Elective rotations may be selected from, but are not limited to, the following: bone marrow transplant, hematology/oncology, neurology, psychiatry, solid organ transplant, pharmacy informatics and medication safety. Residents may also repeat any rotations in which they have a particular interest.
Formal case, guideline, disease state overview or journal club presentation to the clinical pharmacy staff is required on a monthly basis.
- Develop or revise a policy and procedure
- Participate in recruitment of next year's PGY-1 International Graduates residents
- Attend the following committee meetings: Medication Usage and Formulary Evaluation, Medication Outcomes Management, and Pharmacy and Therapeutics
- Every third weekend in both operational pharmacy and clinical pharmacists' roles
- Residents must work a major and a minor holiday
- Each resident is expected to plan, design and complete a major project with the guidance of a preceptor; results are presented at the Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference.
- Each resident is required to complete one additional smaller project, which is often a Medication Use Evaluation.
Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference and ASHP Annual Summer Meeting
For Additional Information
Contact us: 713.790.3333
Outside Houston: 877.790.3627