Eligibility And Application
Thank you for your interest in the Vascular Surgery Fellowship Program at Houston Methodist.
Fellowship applications and required documentation must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Applicants must have graduated from a five-year Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited general surgery residency program and be eligible for examination by the American Board of Surgery. One out of the following criteria must be met:
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the U.S. accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Graduates of medical schools outside of the U.S. and Canada or graduates of medical schools outside the U.S. who have completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school who meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a current valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Has a J-1 Visa, or is a U.S. citizen, naturalized U.S. citizen or permanent resident
The documentation listed below must be submitted with the application:
- Official medical school transcript and diploma in original language and in English (copied and notarized, stating that it is a true copy of the original)
- Dean’s letter and three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- USMLE/COMLEX scores (must possess a passing score of > 200)
- Valid ECFMG certificate/J-1 visa (if applicable)
- American Board of Surgery-in-Training (ABSITE) exams scores (all years average must be > 50 percentile)
Interview Selection Process
- All information must be submitted prior to an application being reviewed.
- Interviews are by invitation only. If you have been selected, we will contact you.
Nancy Ramirez, MBA
6550 Fannin St., Smith Tower 1401
Houston, TX 77030