ANCC conducts through evaluations of hospitals seeking both initial recognition and redesignation, judging proficiency and leadership in the following five key areas that are considered global issues in nursing and healthcare:
• Empowered staff properly prepared to face all challenges
• Competent, dedicated, and empowered nurses
• Continued innovation within staff knowledge, clinical practice, and systemic improvements
• Outcomes measurement systems in place throughout the entire organization
Currently, only 378 of the nearly 6,000 U.S. healthcare organizations have achieved Magnet recognition. An organization that reapplies for Magnet recognition must provide documented evidence of how Magnet concepts, performance, and quality were sustained and improved over the four-year period since the hospital received its most recent recognition.
View current number of Magnet-recognized organizations >
Houston Methodist Hospital is proud to continue to be a Magnet-recognized organization, as this credential signifies our dedication to quality patient care. Magnet-recognized organizations consistently demonstrate:
• lower risk of 30-day mortality and lower failure to rescue; and
• lower rates of falls.
• Houston Methodist Hospital is dedicated to providing our patients with the highest-quality care, and this credential is confirmation of our success in this endeavor.